Worry-Free Dental Treatments for Nervous Patients
We have had tremendous success in treating nervous patients and we do our best to make sure that your experience will be as pleasant and as comfortable as possible. Feel free to share any concerns or anxieties that you have with regards to dental treatments with our team of highly-experienced dentists, or to any member of our staff.
We can help you overcome your fear of the dentist. We understand the fear that you may have when it comes to undergoing dental treatments.
This fear may come from previous unpleasant experiences with other dentists, or may stem from hearing about the negative feedback from other people with their dental treatments.
Embarrassment can also contribute to the anxiety that one feels when going for a dental treatment, or even a dental check-up. A person may feel embarrassed if his or her teeth are not in the best condition, and will be very reluctant to show the dentist teeth that have not been checked, treated, or cleaned for a long period of time.
Harlestone Road Dental Practice is very sympathetic and understanding towards your feelings, and will give you tried and tested advice on ways to overcome dental fear and anxiety.
Our team goes the extra mile to make your visit a whole new, and very pleasant, experience. Not only will our professionals listen to you, but will also take time to tailor our services to meet your individual needs and wants.
So why not visit our practice, meet our friendly team and discuss the variety of options we have to offer.
Conscious Sedation for Nervous Patients
- Conscious sedation is a procedure that brings nervous patients to a relaxed and calm state of mind.
- This procedure is very safe, and is administered by a qualified anaesthetist who will monitor the sedation process.
- Conscious sedation is also beneficial in ensuring that the treatment goes as smoothly as possible, as the dentist can concentrate on the treatment without worrying too much about the patient’s anxiety level.
- A patient remains conscious all throughout the treatment with conscious sedation.
- This procedure will only give the patient a pleasant and relaxed feeling while keeping him or her conscious during treatment – so that he or she can follow any instructions that the dentist may have.
- After the dental treatment is finished, the patient will not remember any unpleasant parts so that the whole experience will not leave negative or traumatic emotions.